Since all municipalities have different regulations and requirements, we are unable to give advice on exactly what may be required of you. We are often asked to supply building specs and proof of insurance as part of the permit process and we are happy to assist whenever possible. Taking care of these issues is the responsibility of the property owner. Stamped architectural drawings are available.
- Sturdi-Built Sheds can recommend a professional preparation services provider to prepare your site (prices will vary depending on the size and slope of your chosen site).
- Do-It-Yourself by following these guidelines
- Dig out the grass 3″ – 5″ and create a level area 12″ larger than the size of your shed.
- Fill in the area with ½” crushed stone to allow for the water to drain away from your building. 4×4 pressure-treated edge may be helpful to eliminate the stone from washing away but is not required. Concrete pads are also an option, but can be a bit costly.
- When preparing your stone base, the #1 priority is to make sure the pad is level. The purpose is to allow the 4 x 4’s at the bottom of the building to rest flush on top of the stone base.
Remove any obstructions. Please note that there must not be any tree limbs or branches, shrubs or fences, or utility lines that would prohibit access for the delivery of the shed.